- DATE: Saturday, January 26th 2019
- TIME: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm | BREAK for snack: 3:00 pm
- FEE: $85
- LOCATION: Anchorlight Raleigh. 1401 S. Bloodworth St. Raleigh, NC 27610
- MINIMUM AMOUNT OF STUDENTS: 6 | MAX. 12
- SUPPLIES: Keep reading, they are under cancellation policy
For painters of ALL LEVELS!!!
Minimum amount of students: 6 | Max.: 12
*Are you new to painting, or coming back after an extended break?
*Want a “fast start” to get your painting going in the right direction?
*Interested in taking a workshop, but not sure if you are “ready”?
In this concentrated “crash” course of fundamentals we will discuss what we think are the most important elements of painting: composition, color, and value. We will also talk about all the different tools artists use, that way you’ll be able to decide what you need or what you are missing in your artist toolbox. And…you will even get to paint, so you can put into practice right away what you learned during this well-rounded class.
We know that having a firm foundation will help you get on the path to successful painting!
Advance registration is required. Limited Seating Available.
(This class is a pre-requisite to participate in our Painting Miles Open Studio if you are new to painting.)
If a week before the class we haven’t reached the minimum amount of students (6), the class will be canceled and you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel within the last two weeks before the class, you won’t receive a refund. If you cancel before this time frame you will receive a full refund.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY (NEW!)
Workshops or classes will be canceled or rescheduled if inclement weather (hurricanes, snow storm, tropical storm, black ice, flooding, etc.) is on the forecast. No one should take any unnecessary risks. If the workshop is canceled, all registration money will be returned to the students minus 3% processing fee. The workshop will be rescheduled if possible for both parties.
- One 12 x 16 painting board or panel (not SOHO)
- One 8 x 8 painting board, panel or canvas (not SOHO)
- A small sketchpad
- Soft vine charcoal (one stick is enough)
- A pen and something to take notes on
If you already own the following supplies please bring them:
• Palette: Surface you use to pour your paint and mix.
• Paint (we will be using acrylics in this class. If you already work with a different medium please let us know):
• Titanium white
• Primary red (“primary magenta”) or cadmium red medium
• Primary yellow (or cadmium yellow medium)
• Primary blue (“primary cyan”)
• Brushes: bring whatever you already own, but if purchasing: buy sizes 6, and 8 in either bright
Please wear clothing that can get paint on it.
Please bring a snack and a drink. We will have a 15 minute break.
If you have questions about the supplies, please e-mail us: