ONLINE 4-WEEK CLASS
- DATE: Zoom meeting every Tuesday in FEBRUARY 2021.
- MEETINGS TIME: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm EST (if you can’t make it at that time the meetings will be recorded and shared with the group by the end of the day)
- EXERCISES FOLLOW UP: Monday through Friday follow up on exercises through a private Facebook group or What’s App group (if you prefer not using social media)
- MINIMUM AMOUNT OF TIME REQUIRED FROM YOU: 20 minutes per day (M-F) + the weekly zoom meeting.
- MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF TIME REQUIRED FROM YOU: The sky is the limit
- REQUIREMENTS: Previous knowledge of painting. This is a class focused on habit formation, not on painting technique. It is not for beginner painters.
- MEDIUM: Acrylics or Oils (demos will be in Acrylics)
- MAX. AMOUNT OF STUDENTS: 10
- FEE: $200
Why this class? If you are here, you probably know!
I created this class because I struggled with finding time to paint! To make it a priority. And I well knew that the more you paint the better you become at painting. It is very easy to say! I knew the theory, but how to put it into practice when you have so much to do every day?
I surrounded myself with successful artists that paint daily, followed their blogs, brought them to town, coordinated their workshops, took their workshops, many times!, and joined painting challenges on Facebook, where you paint one painting a day for 5 days and post them. All wonderful tools! But, after the workshops and the challenges, everything went back to where It was: finding it hard to make time to paint. (And I wasn’t the only one! After almost 10 years coordinating painting workshops I heard the same struggle from many workshop students.)
In 2018 I finally did it! I painted most days. How did I do it? I did some serious research on habit formation and also a fantastic opportunity showed up. I’ll share all I learned with you during the time we spend together. I’ll guide you on how to create your happy habit of painting, yes yours! We are all different and have different needs, routines and activities, but we all can create a habit if we really want to, have the right tools, the right motivation and feel accountable. This class will give you all that! You just bring the “really wanting to” part
THIS CLASS WILL OFFER YOU:
- The 4 elements of habit formation applied to painting, and the tools you need to make this wonderful daily practice happen.
- The right motivation, practical ideas and how some master painters do it.
- Fun painting exercises that’ll help you create the habit of showing up at your easel most days.
- A mini tribe of like minded people with the common goal of creating the happy habit of daily painting. This tribe is growing!
Computer or phone with camera and Internet connection. And the ability to participate in Zoom meetings.
Facebook account or What’s App downloaded to your phone.
The ability to print the reference photos or to use a tablet to display them while you paint.
Flat brushes from #2 to #8 (Silver Bristlon is a good brand) and one signing brush (#0 or #00)
Lukas, Golden or Liquitex acrylic paint
- Cadmium Red deep
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Yellow light or Lemon Yellow
- Ultramarine Blue
- Pthalo Blue or Cerulean Blue
- Raw Umber
- Titanium White
- Quinacridone magenta
One roll of paper towel
Palette: I like the stay wet Masterson palette, the big one. Palette measures 16″W×12″D. If you don’t have it or don’t want to invest on this yet, a paper palette works too, a big one.
25 6×6 harboard panels