- LOCATION: Online (Live weekly on Zoom) and follow up in a private Facebook Group *. Recordings will be sent to registered students.
- DATES & TIMES
- Sept 12 – Group Zoom | 11:00 am to 1:00 pm ET
- Sept 19 – Individual Meeting (Time TBD)
- Sept 26 – Group Zoom | 11:00 am to 1:00 pm ET
- Sunday Sessions – w/Mónica Sept 17 & Sept 24, 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm ET
- FEE: $435
- SUPPLIES LIST: CLICK HERE
- MEDIUM: Acrylics or Oils (demos will be done with acrylics)
- REQUIREMENTS: Previous knowledge of painting. This class is more about painting practice than painting technique.
- STUDENTS: Max 18, min. 10
*A link to the Zoom meetings will be e-mailed to you; make sure you write your email correctly when you register and verify that our e-mails don’t go into your spam folder. Thanks!
Are you a daily painter? Or did you start a daily painting practice and stop? Are you still painting but losing momentum in your current daily (or most days) painting practice? Are you looking for ways to keep the pace, ensuring you stay engaged? And/or are you wondering what’s next: the best business/selling practices, how to keep it all organized, and the most efficient way to promote your work?
Or maybe are you asking yourself: Am I going to do this forever? Or the existential question – what is the point of this?!
In Daily Painting Part Two we will:
- restate your daily painting intention and firm it up!
- re-establish your personal, professional, and creative goals/what’s next
- present ways to stay engaged, (or find momentum again)
- share business and prioritization strategies that make sure painting (and not promotion) is the priority.
- paint every day (or most days) for 2 weeks
2 instructors: Lisa Daria Kennedy and Mónica Linares
2 full weeks of virtual studio engagement
2 Zoom group meetings
1 one on one meeting
2 Sunday Structure meetings (painting planning) with Mónica
Daily follow-up, feedback, and accountability on a private Facebook Group
Weekly daily painting homework to keep you engaged, motivated, and learning! A commitment to painting daily for 2 weeks (weekends are off if you want!)
A clear action plan at the end of the workshop to keep going.
LISA DARIA KENNEDY
Lisa Daria Kennedy has been painting one small painting a day for 5,080+ days (and counting!). She grew up along the northeast edge of the Hockomock Swamp in Massachusetts. She received her BA from Roger Williams University in Graphic Design, a BFA in Illustration, and an MFA in 2D from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design. Her paintings have been featured nationally in group and solo exhibits and included in corporate and private collections. She teaches workshops on how to embrace the practice of daily painting and is an Associate Professor of Illustration at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston, MA. She lives 9 nautical miles from Boston in World’s End in an old fishing camp with her Wheaten Terrier, Olive, and when she’s not painting, she’s paddling.
Born and raised in Venezuela, Mónica was always surrounded by paint and brushes thanks to an artist father. With a background in advertising, she was permanently in contact with design, color, and style, but it was not until 1999 that she formally started her formation as a painter at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. In 2018 she created the class The Happy Habit of Daily Painting after researching and applying habit formation theory to her painting practice and succeeding in forming the habit of going every day (or most days) to her easel. Mónica has a graphic style and many have called her a colorist. She aims for simplicity, interesting design, and strong brushwork. Most of her work can be found at The North Carolina Museum of Art store. She lives in Apex NC with her husband and kids.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THIS CLASS
If a week before the class we haven’t reached the minimum amount of students for the class to happen the class will be canceled and students will receive a full refund.
If you cancel less than 15 DAYS prior to the start of the class you will not receive a refund. If you must cancel in this time frame we encourage you to find a replacement, and your replacement can reimburse you for your course fee. If you cancel before the 15-day limit you will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately, students who start a multiple-day class and are unable to attend any portion will not receive a refund.