- LOCATION: Online (Live weekly on Zoom and follow up in a private Facebook Group). A link to the zoom meetings will be e-mailed to you, so make sure you write your email correctly when you register and verify that our e-mails don’t go into your spam folder.
- TIME: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (Eastern Time)
- FEE: $200
- DATES: Wednesdays from JANUARY 18 – FEBRUARY 15, 2023 (1/18 – 1/25 – 2/1 – 2/8 – 2/15)
- REQUIREMENTS: Previous knowledge of painting. This is a class focused on habit formation, not on painting techniques. Not for beginner painters.
- MEDIUM: Acrylics or Oils (demonstrations will be done in acrylics). Oil painters in this class need to know how to work alla prima.
- SUPPLIES LIST: HERE
- STUDENTS: Max 12
Why this class? If you are here, you probably know!
I created this class because I struggled with finding time to paint, to make it a priority. And I well knew that the more we paint the better we become at painting. It is very easy to say! I knew the theory, but how to put it into practice when we have so much to do every day?
In 2018 I finally did it! I painted most days (and still do!). How did I do it?
I did some serious research on habit formation and also a fantastic opportunity showed up. I’ll share all I learned with you during the time we’ll be together. I’ll help you form your happy habit of daily (or almost daily) painting, yes yours! We are all different and have different needs, routines and activities, but we all can create a habit if we really want to, have the right tools, and have the right motivation. This class will give you all that, you just have to bring the “really wanting to” part.
THIS CLASS WILL OFFER YOU:
- The 4 pillars needed to form the habit of daily (or almost daily) painting.
- The right motivation, practical ideas, and how some master painters do it.
- Painting exercises that’ll help you create the habit of showing up at your easel most days.
- A tribe of like-minded people with the common goal of creating this happy habit.
TESTIMONIALS ABOUT THE HAPPY HABIT
This class has been life-changing for me, and that is huge. I have so much gratitude and so much respect for you, Monica as a teacher and an artist. You are knowledgeable about the subject of habit forming, and daily painting, and you communicate in a clear and succinct way that engages the students and makes this class not only life-changing but fun.
Mónica synthesized all the best research from the top social scientists on habit formation and related it to daily painting for us. She does it in such an organized and thoughtful way. I am really motivated to get in my studio because I have deeper knowledge about how and why I want to create. Meg Sellig, NJ
Monica is an accomplished artist, but also a great teacher. She presents her curriculum in an organized and well-researched way; she goes back over previous topics in each class to reinforce where we’ve been before moving on. Also, she’s so kind, pleasant, and generous with her insights!
I really enjoyed this class because it made me more aware of my intentions. There are days that do not work at all with your intentions, but you can always start back the next day. …and that’s ok. T Powers
This class gave me many tools to implement that form the habit of daily painting. Prior to this class, I was struggling to paint on a daily basis. Now, I am consistently painting on a daily basis.
Monica’s class helped me get back to my easel. She has a wonderful way of encouraging her students and her honesty about her daily habits is so relatable. Her habits class was really a happy experience with lots of great information. JVS
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THIS CLASS
If a week before the class we haven’t reached the minimum amount of students for the class to happen the class will be canceled and students will receive a full refund.
If you cancel less than 15 DAYS prior to the start of the class you will not receive a refund. If you must cancel in this time frame we encourage you to find a replacement, and your replacement can reimburse you for your course fee. If you cancel before the 15-day limit you will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately, students who start a multiple-day class and are unable to attend any portion will not receive a refund.
There are no reviews yet.